Friday, August 7, 2009

Good Morning, Morning.

well, well, well. Moves have been made.

Broke the news to the parents yesterday and reactions expected and unexpected. My father, or course, just wants me to be happy, but also wants me to go back to school in a year (most likely, but we'll see). Now my mother, I fully prepared for a telephone brawl. I figured she would be upset, try to talk me out of it, make me feel like I was making the wrong decision, etc... But, she was speechless. I gave the whole speech on why I'm doing this, and had mentioned that other adults that I admire up here support my decision. Mom: "well, are they going to support you when you run out of money?" ouch, but not so invalid. That was the only comment she made aside from a mumbling, "i'll talk to you later." Not what I wanted, but better than I expected. I'll take it.

Now, leaving UVM? Wayyyy to easy. I e-mailed a woman yesterday morning requesting to take a leave of absence this year and wondering what the process is. Her response:

Brittany, I can use this e-mail as your written request to take a leave of absence. I
will process the paperwork today August 6th. When you are ready to return to UVM, you
will need to contact me directly at 656-0289 to get the process needed to come back. You
will not need to go through admission to return. Rose

After all the trouble it was getting into UVM, you'd think it would be slightly more difficult getting away for a little while.


No comments:

Post a Comment